See the link for more information than this:::
Metropolitan Government/Metro Social Services provides pays for the burial of deceased persons who did not leave sufficient resources to cover the cost of their burial expenses.
- Was a resident of Nashville Davidson County, or died in Nashville Davidson County without family/friends who will take responsibility for his burial;
- Did not leave sufficient cash or insurance resources within his aid group to pay the cost of his burial expenses;
- Did not die in a state or federal institution, or in state or federal custody.
- The usual and customary services, preparation and equipment provided by funeral establishments, including cremation, if the family prefers; transport of the deceased and use of the funeral chapel whenever possible and applicable.
- Gravesite in Metro Bordeaux Cemetery, where interment is required unless the family/applicant prefers (cost free) burial in a Veterans Ceme¬tery for a person who qualifies for interment there, or, unless remains are not to be interred
- Opening/closing of grave at Metro Bordeaux Cemetery;
- Adult size concrete vault (when interred at Metro Bordeaux Cemetery)
- Special combination casket/outside container for infants;
- Grave marker bearing the name and years of birth/death of deceased (when interred at Metro Bordeaux Cemetery).